The sauce is the key to this Prawns With Romesco Sauce tapas dish. Locate the freshest, sweetest of prawns that need little in the way of cooking and the dish with sing.
- 2 dried Ancho peppers finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 tomatoes, deskinned/deseeded after baking
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 24 roasted almonds
- 24 roasted hazelnuts
- 2 slices rustic bread fried
- 2 springs parsley
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Fresh prawns - a handful per person
- Briefly fry the fresh and dried peppers in a little olive oil. Bake the tomatoes for about ten minutes and allow to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients until a smooth sauce results adding more oil to get the desired consistency.
- Fry the prawns briefly until just pink and cooked through. Toss with a little chopped parsley and serve hot with the Romesco Sauce.
Prawns With Romesco Sauce is the first in a series of tapas dishes and is recommended to accompany a glass or two of Freixenet Cava.