Does anyone fully comprehend the wonders of Google search? For some unfathomable reason many a search ends up on SpittoonExtra while looking for tapas recipes. I’ve no idea why this particular term has become associated with this blog but of course all visitors are welcome. This Prawns with Fino Sherry tapas dish is simplicity itself to make; ensure the prawns are ultra fresh, the newly opened fino ready to hand and the mint shredded for the final garnish.Print
While certainly a tapas dish with its Spanish fino, it could equally pass as a Venetian Cicchetti (or Italian Spuntini), though you might like to change the sherry for a dry Italian vermouth or a dry Marsala.
Tapas Recipe: Prawns with Fino Sherry
Prawns with Fino Sherry
A crazily simple Spanish Tapas or Italian Cicchetti dish. Just increase the quantities to serve more than one person.
Write a review
- a handful of fresh prawns
- a clove of crushed garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- Fino Sherry
- Mint leaves, shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a pan until hot. Throw in the garlic, followed by the prawns.
- Once one side of the prawns are juicily pink toss over to the uncooked side and add a big splash of fino sherry. Season with pepper.
- Try not to overcook the prawns, they take a matter of minutes. Once done to your liking and the sherry has reduced a little serve garnished with shredded mint leaves. Serve with some crusty bread on the side.
Spittoon Extra http://spittoonextra.biz/