So a quick seafood for meat substitution, more salad leaves, no cheese and the addition of a ripe avocado and this little zesty number is born – Prawn, Lime and Avocado Tacos. The dish still utilises most of (ubiquitous) Old El Paso Taco Kit contents, only the tomato based salsa is ignored.
The refreshing burst of lime and the spicy edge from the packs seasoning calls for a wine equally fresh and vibrant. I think I might just have found the perfect match in the form of Caliterra Tributo Single Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc but any decent Sauvignon Blanc or Sauvignon/Semillon blend should work wonders.
Prawn Lime and Avocado Tacos
- Old El Paso Taco Kit
- Large Prawns about 3 per taco
- Zest and Juice from 1 lime
- A little vegetable oil
- 1 avocado peeled, stoned and diced
- Thin slices from a red onion
- Rocket, Watercress and Spinach mix
- For the Topping
- Finely Chopped Coriander
- Zest and Juice of 1 lime
- Sour cream
- Coat the prawns in the taco spice mix with the oil, lime zest and lime juice. Warm the taco shells in the oven as per pack instructions. Quickly fry the prawns until pink and cooked through, should take only a couple of minutes.
- Mix to taste, the coriander, lime zest and juice into the sour cream.
- In each taco shell place a little of the salad, avocado and onion and top with two or three prawns. Finish with a final flourish of the zesty sour cream.