While Yellow rendered several possibilities, Blue had several contenders and Red was easily filled, Green was far from easy. Sure I’ve other images that have a streak of green here or there, but there was little that I thought worthy of entering this Travel Supermarket Competition. Finally one of my favourite ‘field’ shots was selected; still uncertain though if it is ‘strong’ enough as an entry. For the final selection though I’ve come up with the following…
- Yellow – a vineyard visit, a very early start and far too early for a wine tasting, but introductions were made under this hill, newly planted with grape vines at the Barbarani winery in Umbria, Italy.
- Blue – a wide angle shot of Sydney harbour with dramatic early morning clouds spreading over a choppy bay with the city and iconic bridge and Opera House on the horizon. It was a little windy and cold out on the ferry deck, not one was expecting from Sydney even in the winter season.
- White – in bright winter sunlight this young boy plays amongst the white pieces of a giant chess set, a chance encounter at the edge of Hyde Park, Sydney.
- Red – early evening in Brescia, Italy the neon buzz of a restaurant sign sparking into life as the road below the hotel window, right in the heart of the old town, starts filling with life, the heat of the day lowering to something more enjoyable.
- Green – a country walk takes me through a wheat field in South Oxfordshire. My passage disturbs the insect life, crickets hop in annoyance, butterflies twist in the breeze that sends shimmers across the field…
The competition page and rules is at TravelSupermarket.com. Capture the Colour closes on the 29th August 2012.
One of the rules is to nominate five other bloggers to take part – Cooksister, EatLikeAGirl, WineSleuth, BigPinots and The Wine Maestro.