From the instructions these biscotti are supposed to be shapped like donuts. Perhaps it was the flour I used (Type 00) or I need not have added so much oil but the mixture was far too soft to shape. Looks aside they taste superb and should accompany many a decent dessert wine, Italian or otherwise (say the Chapel Down Nectar Late Harevst), superbly.
Recipe Biscotti Di Vini Cannella
- 400 g flour type 00
- 180 g brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sugar to dust
- Oven to 180C
- Mix the flour with the sugar.
- Add oil and wine and incorporate gently with a fork.
- When the mixture begins to be blended mix with your hands (the dough should be soft but strong, add more wine if necessary).
- Add baking powder vanilla, salt and mix well.
- Place spoonful's on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven or 15-20 minutes.
- Cool before eating
- Inspired by a aniseed flavoured biscotti recipe, these Italian biscuits marry perfectly with a lightly sweet dessert wine.