However, having just mashed a black garlic clove in a little unsalted butter and spread the mush over a lightly toasted slice of bread, I am a total convert. This has to be the best garlic bread ever! Add a pinch of salt or use, as I did, a little of Steenbergs Organic Mediterranean Salt Blend for something truly scrumptious. The toast is a superb accompaniment to these Baked Eggs…
Photo Gallery for Baked Eggs with Black Garlic
Recipe for Baked Eggs with Black Garlic
- Handful spinach leaves
- 1 clove black garlic
- Large egg
- 2 tsp double cream
- Butter an ovenproof ramekin dish.
- Cook the spinach in a little butter with a garlic clove and a little seasoning.
- Arrange the cooked spinach in the bottom of the ramekin, top with an egg, season, and pour over the cream. top with a little grated parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for about 7 minutes until the white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Serve with Black Garlic Bread.