The marinated pork ribs recipe is lifted from the Vini Portugal blog with a specific wine match suggested – with the Quinta de la Rosa Reserva red. Plenty of other gutsy Portuguese red wines would do fine.
A Portuguese Pork Rib Recipe for a Portuguese Red Wine
Portuguese Pork Rib
A fine Portuguese inspired recipe
Write a review
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (I used Linghams Ginger, Garlic and Chilli Sauce)
- 1 cup wine
- 5 pounds meaty pork ribs
- In a large non-reactive ceramic, glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon juice, chili sauce, and wine.
- If you have the ribs in a rack, separate them by cutting between the ribs to separate them. Place all the ribs in the bowl, turning them in the marinade to coat thoroughly. You can double the marinade recipe if needed.
- The recipe suggests marinating the ribs for 24-36 hours before grilling over hot coals. I simply roasted them for an hour at 350F, marinade and all.
- The original recipe suggested an hour for roasting but I found 30-40 minutes plenty.
Spittoon Extra http://spittoonextra.biz/